Responsible for assisting carpenters on job sites with various tasks, including but not limited to the following.
- Gather materials for workers to handle on job sites.
- Keep job sites clean, free of debris and safe to walk.
- Cover work area with plastic or tarps as needed to protect them.
- Cut timber and lumber to specified dimensions as directed by supervisor.
- Hold timbers, lumber, and any project materials in place for fastening or cutting.
- Drill holes in lumber.
- Hold/ assist plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Assist in the layout of foundation, building lines and anchor bolts.
- Install trim and cabinets.
- Unload materials from trucks.
- Use a various hand tools to dig, trench, rake, level as needed.
- Patch & caulk areas as needed.
- Prime and paint lumber, decking, eaves as needed.
- Smooth and sand surfaces using sand paper or power sanders.
- To perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for using all provided tools safely.
- Responsible for safe keeping & storage of tools either company owned or personal.
The Carpenter Helper’s function at Best-Rate Repair & Termite Company is to perform all job related assignments as assigned by the Job Supervisor. This position is important to our firm and the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities contribute to the overall success of the company.
The purpose of this standard procedure is to define the job description of the Carpenter Helper through the outline of his duties and responsibilities.
The Carpenter Helper derives authority from the Job Supervisor and is granted full authority to carry out the duties set forth in this job description.
The Carpenter Helper is directly responsible to the Job Supervisor for the proper discharge of his duties.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. Those duties will from time to time be altered by the Job Supervisor to suit the needs of the company.
This standard procedure for the job description of Carpenter Helper will become part of the company policy upon the approval of the Job Supervisor and remain in effect until superseded or canceled by the same authority.