How To Choose A Termite and Pest Control Company In San Diego

There are plenty of termite and pest control companies in San Diego, but they don’t all offer the same quality of service. Since the need for termite inspections and exterminations are relatively rare, San Diego homeowners don’t have a termite company on speed dial. So, when the need arises, how do you choose which termite and pest control company to use? Here are a few tips:

Start By Getting Recommendations

A recommendation from a satisfied customer or someone knowledge in the business is a great way to begin narrowing down your choices. A strong recommendation means the company knows what it’s doing and can perform its service well.

Ask your friends or neighbors if they’ve used any companies in the past and what their experience was like. We also encourage you to give us a call. We’ve worked with many termite and pest control companies throughout San Diego and can provide recommendations for the companies we believe do a great job for a reasonable price.

Check Credentials

When you’ve narrowed your list down to a few top choices, do your due diligence. Search for each termite and pest control company in the Better Business Bureau registry to see if there have ever been any complaints lodged against them.

Make sure the company has its required licensing and insurance, including liability insurance. It’s also a good sign if the company is affiliated with a professional organization such as the PCOC (Pest Control Operators of California), of which Best Rate Repair is a member.

Compare Multiple Quotes

We strongly recommend that you request multiple quotes and then compare. Don’t just compare on price (though it’s tempting). Try to understand the full service that each company is offering and don’t be afraid to ask questions about the quotes if you don’t understand everything.

Sometimes, if a company knows you are getting multiple quotes, they will be willing to negotiate a lower price to match their competitors.

Guarantees and Follow Up

Be aware of the guarantees and follow up that each termite and pest control company offers. Most legitimate companies will include follow-up inspections in the contract. Look for companies that offer ongoing annual or semi-annual follow-up inspections so that you can make sure your infestation doesn’t happen again.

Also, every termite and pest control company worth their salt should offer a guarantee of effective service, which means that they promise to eradicate your termite or pest problem for a period of time. When you’re comparing quotes, be aware of what each company’s guarantees entail.

Looking for a recommendation for a great termite and pest control company in San Diego or San Diego County? Call Best Rate Repair at (619) 229-0116 or contact us through our website, and we’d be happy to give you multiple recommendations.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

, , ,

14 Responses to How To Choose A Termite and Pest Control Company In San Diego

1. Lorena Chulavista September 16, 2015 at 11:35 am #

I want a termite spray in my apartment as the termite is eating up all my wooden doors. What would you suggest about from where should I get this termite spray as I am little tight on money?

• Best Rate Repair October 9, 2015 at 10:17 pm #

You can contact your landlord and let him know about your infestation problem and have him contact us …

2. Olivia Nelson September 26, 2016 at 11:46 pm #

I appreciate your tip on getting a list of recommendations for a pest control company. I would imagine that getting multiple recommendations from various people would be a good way to find a reliable company. We recently found out our home is infested with termites so before we choose someone to take care of it we’ll have to ask around and get some recommendations.

• Best Rate Repair October 21, 2016 at 3:59 pm #

Good Morning Olivia , As a marketing manager and homeowner I always recommend getting at least 3 bids. When I chose a solar company I even got a bid from what I thought was going to be a higher price from a very well known company. They ended up beating their competitors substantially. So sometimes you just never know. I also recommend doing some research on the companies before hand, i.e. check reviews ,longevity of the company and find out if they do the repair work in house or its subbed out to someone else .. Those could be some key factors in quality and in price. If you have any other question your welcome to email me at steve@best-rate-repair.com.

Best Regards,
      Steve Scouten
      The Marketing Guy

3. Annika Larson April 10, 2017 at 10:07 pm #

My husband and I have noticed a problem with termites and bugs in our home lately. We are not sure where they are coming from, but we want to make sure it is taken care of before the issue becomes and worse. It’s important to find a company that is able to safely and thoroughly perform these services. As you said, it’s a good idea to request multiple quotes to compare and then make a decision considering all the different aspects. Thanks for sharing!

• Best Rate Repair October 18, 2017 at 7:39 pm #

We are happy you enjoyed our blog and it helped in your search for a quality Termite Company

4. John April 11, 2017 at 1:29 pm #

I like the article’s suggestion to get recommendations when looking for a pest control company. It states that doing so can help you find a company that knows what it’s doing and can give you good service. I’d imagine it would also do a lot in helping you save time in your search for a good pest control company.

5. Ernest London July 10, 2017 at 3:06 pm #

I like that you mentioned to check with the BBB for a company’s reputation. hearing from past customers can be a great way to gauge whether or not a company is up to your standards. I am trying to find the right company to handle my termite problem. I will definitely keep these tips in mind as I search.

6. Ashley Turns September 2, 2017 at 6:45 pm #

My sister is looking for a termite treatment service to help get rid of the bugs in her home. So thanks for the suggestion that she compare the prices and services of multiple services to make sure she gets the best bang for her buck. I’ll be sure to tell her to research a few termite treatment services before she makes her decision.

7. Ashley Turns September 8, 2017 at 12:52 am #

Thanks so much for advising that I find a company that offers follow-up appointments after their termite treatments since that means they are legitimate. My brother has found some termites in his house and wants to find a service to get rid of them as soon as possible. I’ll be sure to tell him that the pest control company he hires should be set up at the very least annual inspections to make sure their treatment is still working.

• Best Rate Repair October 18, 2017 at 5:33 pm #

Hi Ashely, Yes it’s always important to find out what type of warranty comes with treatments and fumigations and to have annual follow-ups each year. Our recommendation is if a home has a history of termite activity to have it inspected each year. Best Rate Repair & Termite offers FREE termite inspection to all homeowners/Property Managers and Real Estate Agents in the San Diego County area.
      Once again thank you for your response to our blog, please lets us know if there something we can help you with in the future.

8. Callum Palmer September 20, 2017 at 12:23 am #

I agree, credentials are an essential thing to look for when choosing a pest control service, especially for termite problems. After all, termites can be a huge issue to deal with, so it is important to make sure that the pest control service you hire knows what they’re doing. One of the easiest ways to find these credentials is to check their website, but you can also probably ask about it when you’re on the phone with them.

• Best Rate Repair October 18, 2017 at 5:26 pm #

Hi Callum, Thank you for your reply on our blog page we also recommend checking the local BBB website for credentials.

9. Anthony Wally November 18, 2017 at 10:49 pm #

I’d like to get my house sprayed before the winter hits to keep pests from getting in my home. I appreciated your tip to get recommendations from people I know to find a good pest control provider. I’ll start asking friends and family on social media to see if I can get any good referrals out of it.